Monday 17 March 2014

Tangled Nail Art

This nail art design and tutorial is inspired by Tangled and I have used the sun symbol as the main feature of this design because it plays a huge part in the film.

 


For this nail art design you will need a large and small dotting tool, purple, yellow and gold nail polish. For the nail varnish I used Sally Hansen - good to grape, Avon - sunshine and Barry M - gold.
If you do not have any dotting tools, the end of a biro or toothpick will work just as effectively.

1. First apply a clear base coat to protect your nails, then apply 2 coats of purple or yellow nail varnish.
2. Using a large dotting tool paint a large circle with gold or purple nail varnish. This is the main body of the sun.
3. Using a smaller dotting tool paint the flames, when you place the doting tool on your nail drag the polish to form the flames.
4. Continue to add flames around the sun to complete the design, when you are finished apply a top coat to seal your design and make your sun shine.


Tangled is one of my favourite films and this is one of my favourite nail art designs. For my mani I decided to alternate the colours on each nail to make the design look more colourfull.
At first I struggled with painting the flames but after practice I was able to create some flame shapes with my dotting tool.

I hope I have inspired you to paint your own Disney nail art.

Please comment and share your re creations on instagram by adding @queenrock75







No comments:

Post a Comment