Monday 17 March 2014

Frozen Nail Art

This nail art tutorial is inspired by the Disney film Frozen. It is one of my favourite films and this is my favourite nail art design. I hope you decide to try out this manicure yourself and if you have any questions or suggestions please leave a comment below.

For this manicure I decided to paint the words "let it go" from the main song in the film and on the other hand  a  little picture of Olaf.

Olaf Tutorial



1. After applying a base coat, paint your nail light blue.
2. Once the polish is dry paint one coat with glitter nail varnish.
3. Paint one white thick line in the middle of your nail, moving to the sides to form the head shape.
4,5,6. Using a large dotting tool paint two black dots, once dry paint two white dots and using a smaller dotting tool paint two black dots to finish the eyes.
7. To paint the carrot nose just use a dotting tool dipped in orange nail varnish.
8. Paint a black semi circle for the mouth, I used a small brush but you can also use a toothpick.
9. Finally paint a small white thick line on top of the semi circle to make the teeth and three small black lines on top of the head for hair. Once dry apply a top coat to seal your design.

Snowflake Tutorial


Of course you have to have snowflakes in Frozen nail art and they are really simple to paint. For my manicure I decided to use a nail art pen but a tooth pick can be just as effective.


Like before paint your nails light blue and add glitter nail varnish. Using a tooth pick paint three lines like a star shape, then add smaller lines to form the snowflake.


You can choose to paint the rest of your nails with snowflakes  but I decided to paint the song 'let it go' on my other hand.




I really like this nail art, it looks hard but it is simple to create.
Do not worry if you do not own a nail art pen or dotting tools, you can easily use objects around the home. For example, the nib of a biro would  be a good dotting tool as well as a toothpick can give you more control when painting your design.
I hope you become inspired to re create this design and I would love to hear back from you, just leave a comment below.

Dont forget to follow me on instagram @queenrock75

I would love to hear from you all, what it your favourite Disney film? and what tutorial shall I attempt next?

Please leave a comment below :)


No comments:

Post a Comment